Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cloche Stand-In for Metamorphosis Monday

Welcome to another Met Monday hosted by Susan at Between Naps On The Porch!  Join all the participants for great make-overs and inspiring ideas.

Since my search for the perfect cloche has been unsuccessful so far and with just a few days left before the holiday, I was forced to take a drastic step and pilfer the glass dome that has protected this little bear for the past 30 years.  A friend and I went to a holiday class at a local nursery and we each made one of these cute domed bear scenes.  Great memories ....... but I hope the little bear will shake off the upset and share his dome for just a few days.



I needed something to spruce up this antique dresser and here's what I came up with using the little bear's glass dome and a Swedish cake plate.



A mercury glass egg, some of my mother-in-law's inherited pearls, my mother's ring, a gaudy earring of mine from the 80s and some mini ornaments.





Happy holidays to all and I can't wait to see what everyone else has come up with for this Met Monday.

6 comments:

  1. Love your table linen...so pretty. have a happy holiday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful! I'm curious about the silver building. Where did you get those? I love them.
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone, sometime those quick no thought things do work out! Linda the church and house are actually antique brass and are lit from inside. Along with the brass being in need of a good polish job, I think the flash just washed the color out a bit. I've had them for years and years, don't even remember where I bought them. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails