Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Garden Debris as Table Decor Part 1

It's that time again ...... Outdoor Wednesday over at A Southern Daydreamer!

Now that all the Jack-O-Lanterns and spooky ghosts and goblins have departed until next year, I was looking for a way to bring some of the garden indoors. A dried arrangement in this large urn will serve the purpose until Thanksgiving gives way to the Christmas season.

These are the seed heads from ornamental grasses, Hylotelephium (syn. Sedum) 'Herbstfreude', better known in this country as 'Autumn Joy' and some of its cousin cultivars, dried Hydrangea heads including 'Endless Summer' which is still holding on to its pinkness  and finally the drying fruit from the Canary Date Palm - Phoenix canariensis.


I think these things might work well together ......




The leftovers......


And I'm good to go until after Thanksgiving! Remember to check your own "garden debris" for an alternative to that expensive bouquet from your florist.  You decide, is this successful?

Stop by next week when I'l be using more "garden debris" as table decor, hope to see you then.



And after just a couple of days in the house the grass fronds open up and get that wonderful fluffy feathery look to them.

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! You did a great job with all your garden debris! I love those little orangy ball things and who doesn't love pink? Your urn is lovely as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how great looking! Love what you did with this arrangement. It's interesting that you call it garden debris. That sounds infinitely more glamorous than what we call it here which is yard garbage. LOL! I love using it whatever the name because I think it absolutely makes some of the best arrangements. I love your choice of colors in this. Great job.

    Happy Outdoor Wed...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely, stunning!!!!!! [and I love the vase you chose too]

    My post for Wednesday is now published. Click Here to join me. I'd love for you to stop by today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful arrangement. I love doing this and finding wild seed pods, etc., also.

    Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candy-Your arrangement is beautiful! I love the different colors and textures and the seed pods from the Autumn Joy is reall gorgeous! I love having things from my own garden in the house-even in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is beautiful. I'm afraid I'm not very good at making arrangements. I am leaving my hay, corn stalks and pumpkins on the porch through Thanksgiving. I'll just tidy it up a bit.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful job you did with creating a floral arrangement. Your photos are terrifc. I hope you are having a wonderful Outdoor Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this arrangement, Candy. I'm a big fan of recycle/reuse, and this one is a true winner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Final proof that you R a true artist!

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are so unique and look really neat in your floral arrangements. Very nice...Anita

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone, Mother Nature does all the work with this kind of arrangement ..... the textures, the colors ..... just stick it in a container and it's magic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails