Monday, May 17, 2010

Tabletop Tuesday Part 2: Ring Around The Rosie

Welcome to Part 2: Ring Around The Rosie

The premiere of Centerpiece Wednesday has arrived!
Join everyone over at Style Sisters for this new weekly event!

Be sure to check out Part 1: Ring Around The Rosie to see the tablescape for this centerpiece vase.
I'm joining Marty over at A Stroll Through Life for her very fun Tabletop Tuesday weekly party.


The pansy ring is vintage and was made by Goebel, better known as the
maker of Hummel figurines. A pansy ring (also known as an ivy ring) makes
the perfect centerpiece because it is not so tall as to impede conversation across
the table. Some rings are a solid circle, while others may incorporate various
pieces to allow for alternate configurations. My favorite rings also include
seperate ceramic butterflies, flowers, chicks or other seasonal pieces which
can be changed to fit the occasion.




Because the little miniature roses don't last very long, the arrangement usually
needs to be refreshed at the end of the second day.  Here I replaced about
half of the original blossoms used for the tablescape in Part 1 and made it
a lot fuller with the addition of more miniature roses from my garden.



A fast and easy way to put together an instant centerpiece with any small stemmed flowers like pansies, daisies, or even greenery from your garden.  Try one, you'll love it!

17 comments:

  1. I've never seen a vase ring before. What a wonderful idea and how beautifully you've used it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a pansy ring, but not one that includes candleholders -- very cool! I love the idea of using it for miniature roses -- so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHHHHHHHH. I didn't get the concept in the first post. How amazing is that! I have never seen one before -- now I'm on the hunt! Called an pansey ring, huh. OK, watch out antique stores.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Candy! Here I am again! Oh, I didn't know your ring was in sections. This is great and thank you for showing it to us. Your flowers are beautiful.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a versatile and perfect device for creating unique centerpieces in exactly the right size! Love what you have done with it and the gorgeous florals!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really nice pansy ring, Candy. The only one I have that is in pieces and has candleholders is the Chase Architrex. I really like the way you used the miniature roses in it. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fabulous piece. I havn't ever seen one, but what a great thing to have. I love it. The detail on it is gorgeous and you can make so many different arrangements. Love it. Thanks so much for showing this. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it all. It is so pretty and the colors and details are splendid. Be blessed. cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Candy! I love this pansy ring! I think I'd actually feel woozy if I found one that had the seasonal pieces too! What a unique, fun item to have!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pansy ring is so beautiful. I have never seen one before and I do believe I will be out there looking for one. It is just lovely and the roses are gorgeous. I love the simplicity of it.
    I had a collection of Hummel figurines years ago and when my brother was on his mission in Austria I asked him to look for some. He wrote back and said no one knew what he was taling about because in German Hummel means bee and they had never heard of the figurines. That's a man for you. Oh well, they are precious in most ways. Have a grand rest of the week.
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy you all enjoyed this old fashioned vase that is so very versatile. Quick and easy to put together for most any event. Once you find one you'll find that it will become a "go to" piece to spruce up any table!

    Candy

    More rose images for this week can be seen at this link:
    This Week In My Garden: Roses and The Silly Kildeer

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an interesting and pretty piece you have chosen to show us! I've never seen anything like this before. It looks lovely on the table, Candy.
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Candy...

    Ohh my...what a fabulous centerpiece that your pretty pansy ring makes! You know, I have never heard or seen one...I'm so glad that you shared yours with us today! I feel so much smarter...hehe! Seriously, it really does make a fabulous opportunity to use fresh flowers or greenery for a table centerpiece! Girlfriend, I just love how you did these...both floral rings are simply gorgeous! I just love the colors of flowers that you used...FABULOUS!!! I will have to keep my eyes out for one of these pretties!

    Have a wonderful Wednesday, Candy!
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful! Ring around the Rosie that is just adorable!! I have never seen anything like it before. The little roses just make this centerpiece! I love the idea of using pansies too. Thank you so much for participating in my first Centerpiece Wednesday party! I love seeing everyone's creativity. It really inspires me.

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  15. I guess I am not alone in never seeing anything like this. But it does make for a beautiful centerpiece. Especially with such beautiful flowers as your roses.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad to be spreading the word about pansy rings! And I'm happy that you all stopped by to smell the roses.

    Good luck hunting for rings of your own!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails