Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Primary Colors .... A Tale of Two Parties

Artie's weekly meme has rolled around again over at Color Outside The Lines,
join the Vignette Friday party!


Tablescape Thursday has arrived again over at Between Naps On The Porch.
Come on over and see all the beautiful tablescapes.

This vintage tablecloth always reminds me of a birthday party with its primary
colors and old-timey look.  This is how an image of it might have looked
in my Grandma's breakfast room.


Now close your eyes ...... come on, be a kid again and play along!
Put on your rainbow of colors thinking cap and imagine it with all its beautiful colors.
Then open your eyes!



Vintage Fiesta in Yellow, Cobalt, and Red are set out for this birthday celebration.
The round ball jars are from the Kitchen Kraft line by Homer Laughlin and are often
referred to as "cookie" jars.  Vintage candle holders and coffee pot in Yellow and
some of the faceted juice glasses found in some of the "Ensemble" Fiesta sets that combined
pieces from Riviera and Fiesta along with all the accessories needed to set a table.

Different color combinations of dinner, luncheon, and salad plates
along with the cereal bowl and teacup and saucer.










The flatware is "Cityscape" by Oneida.



Time for that eyes shut game again ...... and fast forward about 70 years.




Here is the same vintage tablecloth ready for another birthday party.


All of the elements of this tablescape are contemporary pieces easily found to create
your own old-timey birthday table for a fraction of the cost of vintage pieces.


All the Fiesta on this table is contemporary (1986-present) and is mixed with glassware
from Target and Pier 1, napkins from Tuesday Morning, napkin rings from the web, and
the same Oneida "Cityscape" flatware seen on the vintage tablescape. Post 86 colors
include Scarlet, Sunflower, Sapphire and White.  The salad plates with decorative
ribbons are from Home Goods.










I hope you have a very old-timey Happy Birthday for your next party,
thanks for stopping by again this week.

21 comments:

  1. OH!!!!!! How much fun!!!! Where did you ever find that tablecloth? I just love these color combinations!!!!! They make me laugh! I have to ask....where do you store all fo this????? Everytime I come I think to myself, she must have a guesthouse in the back where she can store all of these wonderful items!!!!!! Thankyou for the great post!!!!! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Candy! I LOVE this tabletop timemachine! A table full of vintage HLC is always so special, but then you gave us the double treat of a post-86 table, too! Great work, especially on the centerpieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy
    This reminds me of my sweet Mom's table. She has all these colors of old Fiesta and she might even have this tablecloth. Wonderful table.
    Linda at A Toile Tale

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty, the china matches the tablecloth perfectly, I love the bold colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candy, you are just too clever with all your beautiful and interesting things. I can't imagine how you keep it all straight and so neat. Each week you provide such stunning presentations. It makes late Wednesday night a fun evening for me. I so enjoy coming to your blog to see what you have put together. You go girl!

    Mary
    From Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Candy! Love visiting you. I've never seen those round jars before but they are so neat! Every time I walk past the Fiesta tables at Macy's I am tempted because of your tables! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love all the vibrant colors! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to be at that birthday party! It's wonderful and I so appreciate how you showed how to recreate a very vintage setting (man I love those canisters!!). Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, not one, but TWO gorgeous tables! That tablecloth is wonderful, and you chose the perfect colors from your collection to show it off. Love those amazing cookie jars! I've never seen any like them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so love the flexibility of Fiesta. You have such an eye for detail by using all the items with dots and your vintage tablecloth just anchors it all together. You have some great Fiesta pieces. I've not seen the cookie jars. Thanks for sharing a bright and happy tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am coveting your post 86 Sapphire! It is the only placesetting I don't have.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All the bright colors are so uplifting!!! I really like those "rope" napkin rings, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your kitchen is lovely...even without color!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful kitchen! The colors are so inviting. Very Cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like you had lots of fun doing this tablescape! I know I had fun looking at the pictures! Fabulous! I love all the color. It's so happy and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for coming by to see this "party" table!
    My favorite combo of primary colors, you can't help but smile!

    Sandy, this particular cloth came from an Etsy shop, and as for where I store all this "stuff", well there is a whole series of posts about just that!

    http://happenstancestuffhappens.blogspot.com/2010/02/where-do-you-store-all-those-dishes_25.html

    Or you can access it directly from the sidebar image.

    Linda - why not just give in NOW and buy you some Fiesta ???? You will eventually succumb anyway! LOL

    Alycia - those tied "bow" napkin rings came from the net somewhere, can't remember exactly where.

    Paige - Sapphire was a great color and even though the selection of different pieces was limited, I work it into a tablescape just about whenever I can. :-)

    Be sure to tune in next week for two more tablescapes ..... and then the following week there will be at least THREE .... count them!! ...THREE Halloween tables!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have some colorful dishes like this my hubby got from his Grandma. I love them even when it is just the two of us, they really make a pretty table that makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful moment of 'time warping.' Thank you for opening up all the possibilities for us and for sharing your delightful designs. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for coming by Amber and Cherry Kay!

    The color does make most people feel uplifted. :-)

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Monica!

    I like both too. I think only dish addicts would care about the differences. :-) My family is really only interested in the food!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails