Thursday, May 6, 2010

Roses and Cauliflower

I'm linking up with Laurie @ Bargain Hunting and Chatting
for her party called Favorite Things Saturday.


These are just a few of my favorite things......
my kitchen, my dishes and some roses from my garden!
Have a very Happy Mothers' Day!


I'm also joining Michael Lee over at Designs By Gollum for another edition of Foodie Friday.

This vintage tablecloth is loaded with Roses and set with Post86 Fiesta in Pearl
Gray Scarlet and White.  The striped salad plates are from Home Goods,
as is the red glassware. Cityscape flatware from Oneida.










The iconic Fiesta disc pitcher in Shamrock.


Fiestaware2000 mug in Pearl Gray

'Peace' hybrid tea roses from my garden.

The "Betty Bowl" from Betty Crocker in Scarlet.








We're having lasagna tonight made with some of the homemade red meat sauce
that I made a couple of days ago, along with a marinated cauliflower salad.


Marinated Cauliflower Salad
1 head cauliflower cut into florets
1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1 teaspoon Dijon or sweet and sour mustard
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons capers drained
2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Blanch cauliflower until just tender. Whisk together vinegar, onion, and mustard in a small bowl. Pour in oil in a slow, steady stream whisking until emulsified. Salt and pepper, then drizzle over warm cauliflower, add capers and parsley, stir together.  Cover and chill for up to 1 day, serve at room temperature. Super tasty and great for a buffet too.

11 comments:

  1. Candy, Your table is a fiesta! Very colorful and so well put together. I just love your kitchen!!!!! YOu must so enjoy cooking there.
    The vintage tablecloth is perfect with your colorful dishes. Don't you love the colors of old tablecloths, so different.
    And thanks for the great califlower recipe. Yummy!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Yvonne!

    Looks like you and I are the only ones who like cauliflower! LOL

    I was finally able to get in to change the title and copy text to read "Roses and Cauliflower" ....Blogger was totally hinky yesterday and I couldn't fix anything. Just bizarre.

    See you again soon!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my lord. Your kitchen makes me want to cover up my kitchen in shame. It's GORGEOUS!!!

    And I love that cauliflower salad recipe - sometimes I forget that my husband actually likes cauliflower (it's a miracle, let me tell you) - maybe we should give this a try since we're trying to eat better.

    Thanks for sharing @ Foodie Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful table, Candy! I always know I will be in for a treat when I come visit, haven't been disappointed, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Goodness! I've never been here before, and now your kitchen is one of my favorite things! I'm sooo loving that kitchen! Your table is so inviting. Love that vintage cloth, but I just can't help it - I can't take my eyes off of your kitchen long enough to look at your table. Thank you so much for linking this to Favorite Things Sat. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the most beautiful kitchen I have ever seen! I love everything about it and the dishes are fabulous. WOW to everything!

    Best wishes and happy weekend,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous kitchen! I always love to see your gorgeous vintage linens, set off so beautifully by your Fiesta collection. Have you done a post on how you store all your tablecloths?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy more lovers of cauliflower stopped by! I was beginning to wonder where you all were!!! LOL

    Thanks for all your lovely comments ..... yep, I do sooo love my kitchen. It's a variation of the kitchen I did in our last house and is made for function. I've had a LOT of practice in kitchens over the years and this one works just perfectly for me.

    For those of you who asked about the kitchen and about storing all these dishes, linens etc. Here's a link that should answer all those questions:

    Where Do You Store All Those Dishes?

    Or just look on the header on any page on the blog for a link to "Where Do You Store All Those Dishes."

    Remember to eat your cauliflower! And your peas and beans and beets!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kitchen is GORGEOUS!!!! It looks like something from a magazine!!!! Oh what I would do if I had your creative skill!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a luscious post, so colorful and thoughtful. I'm wanting lasagna and marinated cauliflower...NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Donna and gnee! I appreciate your generous comments and hope you'll come by again soon.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails