Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Old Mill Pond and Pink Fish - Foodie Friday



It's Foodie Friday again!  Join the fun over at Designs by Gollum.

This vintage tablecloth has lotsa pink fish, so I gathered a bunch of pink stuff together with Post 86 Fiesta in Pearl Gray and Rose.  The small pink w/gold pitcher is Homer Laughlin from the '40s and was handpainted by an after market company with an old mill pond on both sides.


Contemporary glassware from Pier 1, Dansk flatware, HLC Rhythm salt and pepper, vintage napkins, napkin rings from eBay.









Since it is Foodie Friday, I thought I'd share a quick holiday recipe that is always a hit and it does have something "fishy" in it or at least something from the sea and the main ingredient is pink.

Shrimp Spread

1 lb Bay Shrimp (these are the little tiny guys, fresh is best, but frozen works too!)
or 1 lb larger shrimp cut into small bits
3/4 C green onions (scallions) - tender green portions may be included also
1 C Mayo
1 teaspoon dill
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Cup (or less) freshly grated parmesan

Mix together, chill for several hours, serve with sour dough bread rounds or crackers

10 comments:

  1. I'll look forward to trying your shrimp spread during the holidays. I LOVE your pink and gray tablescape! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this whole table setting!! I love vintage table cloths and Fiesta! It all goes together perfectly. The bugs are great, especially the dragonfly napkin rings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful table - I love pink!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful table and there is nothing better than something done with shrimp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shrimp spread will have a trial run at some point during the holiday. I'll bet it fit right into your glorious pink and gray table. Have a great Foodie Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you all stopped by, need to pick up more shrimp at Costco today .... I've been craving this spread since I typed the post!

    See you all next Friday, if not before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will definately try your shrimp spread. That is a lovely vintage cloth and in pristine shape too. What a find!~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. You never cease to amaze me with your info and your incredible table scapes! The shrimp spread looks delicious. I just love visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Candy, pink is just my favourite colour and look what you have done with it!! Stunning!!!
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks ladies, I'm glad you found the pink appealing! Cold cold cold here now, so some of my roses are gone, but a few are still looking pretty. Perhaps they are just "flash frozen."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails