Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Nutcracker Christmas Eve

A very special Tablescape Thursday hosted by Susan at Between Naps On The Porch on this Christmas Eve. From our house to yours here's wishing you the merriest Christmas celebration.

While I finally pulled out the dust cloth, the vacuum, and the total spiff-it-up kit to make magic in the land of dust bunnies, The Claus family was baking up a storm in my kitchen.  I do hope they clean up their mess and leave the kitchen sparkling!!


They came to me in that nice brown truck that brings presents, directly from Kohl's for the special
price of $34.  I'm so happy to have them on my team as we prepare for our Christmas Eve dinner right beside the Christmas tree.


Visions of sugar plums, ballerinas and toys under the Christmas tree join my childhood Nutcracker from a recent Show and Tell Friday on this vintage tablecloth depicting the scenes and characters from "The Nutcracker."


Italian glass chargers, Scarlet Post 86 Fiesta and Williams Sonoma salad plates.  Stemware from Pier 1, flatware from Macy's, napkins and napkin rings from Crate and Barrel in the late 80s.












16 comments:

  1. I love the Nutcracker theme. I have a fondness for Clara! She is my photo on my identity.:) The stemware is very pretty also. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all goes together so good. Very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Don't you love having a tree close to the table? Keeps you in the spirit of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the nutcracker plates and your chargers are gorgeous! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love mr and mrs in the kitchen, so cute!

    have a very merry christmas~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how pretty! Love the Mr. and Mrs. Claus however your gorgeous tree right next tot he table takes the cake. Who wouldn't love to sit there? I like it because you can check out all of the pretty ornaments on the tree while you eat. And those plates with the nutcracker? They are to die for. I just love those! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Candy...your tablescape is so beautiful and so much fun to look at! I would so enjoy sitting and eating a meal with a setting like that. I absolutely love the vintage tablecloth! It's wonderful...I have a large nutcracker collection so this made my heart sing and dance! Thank you for sharing it. Oh...by the way your Christmas tree is so pretty too! Loved all the colors! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Candy, Love it all... The Table cloth is wonderful...I would so love to have it...
    Hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas.
    xoxo
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning everyone!

    I should be vacuuming .... here I sit trying to catch up on all the lovely comments! I'm pleased that you found this tablescape as fun as I do. :-)

    Daphne! Well 3 in one day would be a record, but one was for Wednesday, one was for Tablescape Thursday (which always posts Wed evening), and one was from last year!! But, I'll take credit for the system posting 3 in one day!!! The Christmas Day scape will post sometime this evening for Foodie Friday, although there will be no real food until tomorrow! And none then if I don't get at it!!

    Happy Happy Holidays to all of you, thanks for stopping by!

    PS Good to see you Julie, I checked a few days ago to see where you were, you've obviously been doing good deeds rather than playing on the computer! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun table. I just purchased those plates from WS for my daughter and I know she is going to love them and perhaps I can borrow them from her one day:) Merry Christmas.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joyce, I'm sure your daughter will love them. They have a really old timey look about them and are so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails