Thursday, September 17, 2009

Vintage Tablescape Plus Foodie Friday @ Designs by Gollum

I'm happy to be joining all the other bloggers at Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday please pop over there to visit other participants who are hosted by Gollum. I guess this will qualify as a double purpose post, brightly colored food to match my daily brightly colored tablescape.  Something about two birds with one stone.
It's not always about dishes with me, usually....but not always.  I do like my food to be brightly colored just like my dishes.  Here are some salsa makings from the garden.  My salsa recipe is very flexible: lots of HOT peppers, onions, tomatoes, cilantro in whatever proportion pleases your palette.



Lemons also from the garden.


And here's today's tablescape which echoes the brightly colored foods from the garden.
Vintage Fiesta, glass ware and Deauville flatware.




12 comments:

  1. What fun! Love your tablecloth and glassware.I have my grandmother's Fiesta and treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything from your garden is gorgeous! I love that bowl with the three stripes around the rim--this is a perfect vintage tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm...those veggies look so delicious. AND...so does your cheery table. Love it all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Fiesta! Great yummies from the garden too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful tablescape and your photos of your salsa ingredients are just gorgeous. May I be so bold as to ask what type of camera you are using? The clarity of your shots is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your lovely comments!

    Mary asked what kind of camera I'm using .... it's a pretty antiquated digital model from probably 8 years ago, but I've never felt the need to upgrade. It is a Nikon Coolpix 5400 and has served me very well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to try some of your salsa!!! It sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi. I posted about salsa too however I didn't have the makings in my own garden and had to buy them. Boy does your produce look fabulous.
    Of course right after I saw the fresh veggies and fruit I noticed your wide plank floors, then I saw the sideboard with the chickens on it. Very cool looking home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Lori, glad you enjoyed your visit!

    Hey M! howareyadoin ??? The salsa is the best made fresh like that, chopped fine or chunky, let it sit for an hour or so and them consume in huge quantities! Yummy

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know, in the Belgian town I live is a little restaurant that's called the little round table!
    Your table looks so bright and cheerfull.Ready for a big fiesta! Olé

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by Poppedijne!

    That's interesting about the restaurant, is the name in French, Dutch or German?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails