Sunday, September 13, 2009

Napkin Ring Storage

I'm joining in on my first Metamorphosis Monday with our hostess Susan over at Between Naps On The Porch   Thanks for throwing such a nice event each Monday Susan.  Please join her and all the other bloggers participating for some great makeovers and lightbulb ideas.



As Susan has pointed out, storage for tableware and accessories can become a challenge.  I have the dishes and the tablecloths as much under control as I can get them and the candles for tablescapes have recently found a home all in one place!  The glassware is also all in one place, but is problematic because they've outgrown their living quarters.

The napkin rings have been occupying drawers in an old pine printer's cabinet for many years, but were less than convenient to grab when I wanted them.


I've had these stacking cannister bin sets for years, picked them up at IKEA for a song and wish I had bought several more sets. They've been languishing in a cupboard in the laundry room with all the other orphans since our move in 2006, but today I found the perfect use for them.


Everyday napkin rings right at my finger tips!


Please take a journey through The Little Round Table to see some of my tablescapes incorporating my dinnerware and tablecloth collections.

15 comments:

  1. I love those stacking cannister bins. I can think of a million was to use them. I really like your idea, putting napking rings in them. I love that you can see at a glance what you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my thought too, great minds think alike!

    Thanks for stopping by, take a tour and check out my tablescapes that incorporate some of these same napkin rings.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love pretty storage and look at your collection! Awesome!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Roeshel, so glad you enjoyed my "repurposing" of these cannisters.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love these storage containers!!
    i host a Goodwill party every Wednesday. stop by and join in!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who would think of that?? Brilliant idea and so useful....now you can see where everything is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pretty storage and your wonderful collection og napkin rings! I am having a new give a-way do hope you stop over...
    xoxo
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's a great idea! Great use and great collection of napkin rings too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW... that's a lot of napkin rings... you must have a lot of napkins too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just now getting back to read all the lovely comments, thanks so much!

    How do you all keep up with all the awesome blogs out there??? I'm having a hard enough time just keeping up with my own and trying to visit some additional ones each day.

    Once you comment on a post, are you notified when I respond? Still feeling my way around after 3 weeks in Bloggerland.

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathleen said...
    Yikes, I had a few typos so I started over!

    No, you have to respond to the email, not on your blog...people don't usually come back to see if you responded...you can go to their blog and leave a comment there though, that's preferable..if they don't have a blog,you can email them...

    Great idea for the napkin rings...I have to designate one drawer for them so they are easy to find. The seasonal rings get packed away with the seasonal linens, but all the others seem to turn up in a few places. Not a good thing!

    Good luck with your blog..I am going to peek around a bit.. I don't remember if I have been here...:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha..ha..ha... It's beatifull..a great idea...Love from Turkey..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails