Friday, March 1, 2013

Richard's Surf 'n Turf With The Divas

Guest blogger Richard is sharing two tables with us
for our Surf 'n Turf event. Thanks Richard.
***********
When I considered the theme of "Surf" I thought of differing blues and white. Thus my surf table began with a vintage two tone blue California Hand Prints tablecloth with "atomic" black and silver fish. Then I added vintage ivory, cobalt, and blue stripe Fiesta along with Chase art deco chrome pieces and Royal Chrome Go-Alongs. I also added a Czechoslovakian art deco vase along with Oneida Community Coronation vintage flatware. The cool blue piece on the sideboard is a piece of Lalique titled "Victoire."


For my "Turf" table I used a wonderful vintage Startex western tablecloth which Elaine gave to me a number of years ago at an HLCCA Conference. On it I put HLC Rhythm cowboy pieces, HLC Pueblo 1 Kitchen Kraft pieces, as well as a Farber Brothers deco cocktail shaker and two tone bakelite flatware and salt and pepper shakers. I love the menacing long horned steer at the end of the tablecloth! 


Please visit the other tablea featured in our
Surf 'n Turf Event, thanks!

5 comments:

  1. Looks excellent Richard, a great take on the Surf 'N Turf theme . ..... one of each. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard, both of your tables are so wonderful. They show the versatility of your tablescape skills with the use of very different dinnerware lines and cloths. At the same time, they are unmistakably "Richard" with lots of deco, Bakelite and chrome. I'm enjoying my happy memory of supper at that very table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, Richard! You set a gorgeous table! I'm so glad you've joined in all the tablescaping fun! I especially love seeing that Startex cloth in use... you did a beautiful job, and I can't wait for M O R E!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tables Richard!!! Cant wait to do this again!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails