Thursday, July 19, 2012

That Vintage Feelin'

Close your eyes.
Feel the soft breeze of the fan.
 Go back in time.
**********
Are you a collector of vintage Fiesta or contemporary Fiesta reproduced since 1986?
Or perhaps you collect both.  It is possible to bring that vintage look back to your
table and not break the bank doing it.
All the Fiesta in this tablescape that gives off  That Vintage Feelin'  is Post86, 
with the exception of one piece and there is another piece of vintage from another of HLC's dinnerware lines.  Can you spot them?
The tablecloth is vintage Wilendur Plaid
and the glassware is vintage Depression Glass,
Anchor Hocking's "Pillar Optic" design, sometimes called "Logs" or "Log Cabin",
otherwise all the elements have been purchased in recent years.
So does this table say "vintage" to you?
Thanks for stopping by!


13 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite tablesettings you have done! Love everything! Do you know the age of the table cloth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Wilendur name was used from c. 1940 - 1958, which is about as definite as I can be. In 1958 the company name was changed to Wilendure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great tablecloth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This table says "come to lunch" to me! I love all your tablescapes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This table says delightful and happy to me. I love what you've done. Its so cheerful and pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies, it really does have the classic Fiesta look to it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Candy, this is one of my favorite tablescapes of yours of all time!! I LOVE it!!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Susan! It's that "vintage" feeling that gets us every time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopped by from BNOTFP, beautiful tablescape. But I'm commenting because I wanted to let you know I typically dislike blogs with music because it distracts me from reading. But your music is so soothing and calm (despite the fact that I'm pregnant and the first thing I heard was your babbling brook and that caused some discomfort - HAHAHA) it was a pleasure. I even went looking for it on your page to see where it was from. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, wow. Wow!!! I adore this setting and the colors are about to jump off the screen. Those first two pictures took me waaay back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails