Monday, October 18, 2010

Fall In The Golden State


Welcome to another Tabletop Tuesday!
Thanks to Marty over at A Stroll Through Life for hosting this weekly party!

Before we go into full Halloween mode here on TLRT I thought I'd share just an
idea of what Fall is like here in Northern California in mid-October.  We had our
first drizzly rain of the season yesterday, just enough to let us know that winter will
soon be here.  We'll be back up to the mid 80s F by Wednesday, so it is unlike what
most people think of as Fall.

This vintage tablecloth with matching napkins is decked out in imported chargers, with
Post86 Fiesta in Chocolate, Pearl Gray and White.  Glassware from Pier 1, flatware
and the little white pitcher from Home Goods, votives from Michael's, and the little acorn
salt and pepper shakers came from Ace Hardware last year.



















Thanks for stopping by for this week's Tabletop Tuesday.  Please come by Wednesday evening
for this week's Tablescape Thursday with another California Fall tablescape.  And beginning next
week on Sunday there will be lots of Halloween inspired tablescapes!

15 comments:

  1. Oh my, your yellow and brown table is breathtaking. I absolutely love it. The linens are stunning and the glasses are so beautiful. Great mix of dishes. Always such a delight. I always look forward to your green sideboard as much as your tablescape. You always coordinate it so beautiuflly with the most beautiful things. What a beautiful setting. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful fall tablescape. Thanks for sharing.

    Enjoy your evening.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing display of fall! You have a gorgeous collection and I can't get enough of your pics! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Lacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is another wonderfully designed table...I always enjoy your gorgeous tables so much!!! The dishes are so pretty and the stemware here is gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a nice tablescape for our gloomy Fall weather. I'm liking those acorn s/p shakers, tho I'm imagining how it is you found them at Ace hardware, like, were you there helping hubby decide on a paint color, or do you regularly check in to see if they have the perfect accoutrement. No matter how it came about, you obviously know how to put the pieces together to make yet another delightful table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those colors. You certainly have a knack for creating beautiful tablescapes. I love your kitchen too. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for coming by to see this week's Tabletop Tuesday 'scape! Another fall table to come on Thursday and then next week Halloween tables! Hope you can stop by for those too!

    Jane - Our local Ace has a high end "housewares" department ..... just great things from special dinnerware, to old timey kitchen gadgets, fantastic Christmas ornaments. It's like a wonderland all year long! Not like any other Ace I've ever been to. :-)

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Candy, what a wonderful fall table! The color scheme is subtle, but perfect with that gorgeous tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the color combo on that cloth! What a super California Autumn table!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really do like your Fall table setting. Like the color combination a lot. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!!!
    I am loving your blog -- this tablescape is amazing!
    You have a real eye for design
    I am your newest official follower
    Would be so honoured if you'd visit my blog (and maybe even follow me, too)
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks ladies, I do appreciate you coming by to take a look at this Fall tablescape!

    Halloween tables coming up next week, so put your costumes on and come by for a look-see!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been looking at all of your lovely tablecloths and tables. So beautiful. In this picture are the bowls chocolate Fiestaware? I love the rich color. Are they as pretty in person as they appear in the photo? I've been considering adding some chocolate plates to my collection (don't tell my husband!).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Pattie -

    Think Hershey's!! It is a wonderful rich chocolate that is just as pretty as the pictures. And the shape of the Gusto bowls is the perfect shape for this color. Think chocolate sundae ........ yeah!!

    Candy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails