Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Daisy Chain Pie Plate, Virginia Rose & Medley of Fruits

Special OvenServe pieces and Medley of Fruits Decoration

Daisy Chain Pie Plate and Covered Casserole

These are the only two shapes made with the Daisy Chain embossing. The pie plate is embossed under the rim. 
 see An Overview of Homer Laughlin Dinnerware by Mark Gonzalez
Designed in May-June1935, produced until the early 1940s, general HLC OvenServe backstamp.

9 1/2” pie plate with Medley of Fruits decoration.


Medley of Fruits decoration can also be seen on this Virgnia Rose fruit bowl.


6 comments:

  1. Hi Candy! Oh, how pretty! I've never seen this pattern before - so sweet. Would you ever actually back a pie in this? I'd be afraid to. So many pretties you have.
    be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I would LOVE to have ANYTHING in the Medley of Fruits pattern!!!! I mean, ANYTHING!!! I'm in love! Please do a tablescape using your coleection of this pattern.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pattern Candy, don't think I have really seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty. Look forward to seeing more of them. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Daisy Chain and VR shapes make a nice contrast. I had forgotten about that decal. I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by! Sheila I would use this, but haven't as yet. I always check for cracks of places where the integrity of the clay has been compromised prior to using vintage bakeware. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails