Monday, October 15, 2012

Candy Corn Halloween - 2012 #2

Candy corn is a confection in the United States and Canada, popular primarily in autumn around Halloween (though available year-round in most places). Candy corn was created in the 1880s by George Renninger of the Wunderlee Candy Company; the three colors of the candy mimic the appearance of kernels of corn. Each piece is approximately three times the size of a whole kernel from a ripe or dried ear.

Candy corn is made primarily from sugar, corn syrup, wax, artificial coloring and binders. A serving of Brach's Candy Corn is nineteen pieces, is 140 calories and has zero grams of fat. Candy corn pieces are traditionally cast in three colors: a broad yellow end, a tapered orange center, and a pointed white tip.
It's Halloween again on The Little Round Table, with a table inspired by the "Candy Corn" Fiesta. The tablecloth is from the now defunct Martha Stewart by mail catalog. Many of the seasonal items are from Michael's. The mini salt/pepper shakers and candles are from my local Ace Hardware. The pillar candle w/fall leaves is from Pier 1 two years ago. Flatware from Home Goods and tumblers from Target.

Candy Corn is available from many local merchants year round.

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. I love the Candy Corn dishes!! This table is so cute and I love all the accent pieces that you chose. I'll bet your children and grandchildren always have so much fun at your house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, whimsical, cute and spooky all at the same time:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just the cutest table! My grandchildren would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS TABLE IS SO COOL! I love everything about your Halloween display. I swear you are amazing. I'm going to make sure my niece sees this post.

    My niece has selected Fiesta as her dishes for her new to her home because of your blog. She(and the rest of my family) are all blown away with all your creativity.

    Thank you for all the inspiration!
    Mary from Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually said outloud, "Oh... My .... Goodness"! This table is fun, spooky, detailed and full of the best of Halloween. I really love the rat infested pumpkin! You do Halloween perfectly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Halloween is a wonderful time to decorate ..... so many great things to work around, whether you are looking for ghoulish or cute or witchy, this holiday has a bit of everything.

    Mary, so happy there is another convert to Fiesta! The more the merrier, it is a party!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails