Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas Geese by Vera

This vintage tablecloth seems out of character for Vera's tablecloths, but it is indeed a Vera with the typical Christmas geese so popular in the '80s.  I've never made a Christmas goose, perhaps this is the year to give it a try!



Hunter green chargers, White Post 86 Fiesta dinner plates, Scarlet Fiesta salad plates.  Candy cane glassware is from Pfaltzgraff, flatware from Home Goods, salt and pepper and peppermint bowl from Pier 1.  The cake stand is Fitz and Floyd, napkins from Tuesday Morning.









How To Cook My Goose - A Recipe For Disaster In The Making

After doing some research on the roasting of a goose, I think I will wait for a less visible dinner party to make my first goose.  It would take 4 geese to feed our Christmas dinner crowd! Apparently the bigger the goose the less likely you will end up with a tender result.  Small 8-12 pound geese are the recommended size to roast. So I will have to wait to "cook my goose" ....have you ever wondered where that expression came from? I will admit that at this early hour of the morning I can just about taste the wonderful dark full flavored goose that is in my future.  And apple plus plum stuffing or sausage stuffing ..... sounds like heaven! There is a goose in my future, just not for Christmas dinner this year.  Have a merry old time whatever you serve up on your table.

13 comments:

  1. What a fun post. I love all your candy cane dishes.. I've gone with a candy and snowman theme in the kitchen this year.. so these really stole my heart..hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with that goose! Your table is beautiful:) Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a surprising Vera! I do love how you gave the birds some mints to bring them from the 80's into 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every thing is so beautiful. I enjoyed it all. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  5. O, what a delightful and beautiful table you have set for us. I love every single thing about it....and would arm wrestle you for that lovely tablecloth...just LOVE it!!
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  6. These geese just crack me up, they are so 80s and yet I think they still work for the holidays! I'm glad you enjoyed these little guys, imagine my surprise when I realized it was a Vera. I never would have guessed she would do something so main stream. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to have some of those napkin holders....I wonder what happened to them. They must have been put in a yard sale at some time in the past....I now know that everything old is new again. Love your table. Nothing like red, white and green to inspire the Season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful ~ everything is just beautiful! I love all the red and the candy canes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by Anita and Pat!

    I'm also in love with all the "candy cane"/"peppermint" table stuff that has been around for the last couple of years!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails