Thursday, November 12, 2009

Don't Put All Your Eggs In One Basket For Foodie Friday

Oh my goodness, it's time for Foodie Friday again! Jump on over to Designs by Gollum to check out the fun and food and frolic!

Chicken and eggs for breakfast .... why not? We'll all need our strength for the upcoming mad dash to Thanksgiving.  Join everyone over at Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday to pick up some choice decorating and food tips!


Vintage tablecloth decked out in "Square" Post 86 Fiesta Sunflower, Scarlet and Ivory. Licensed "Brights" glassware, Dansk flatware, and roses from my garden.

The "egg-basket" is vintage and is collapsible and stores flat.  It may have been meant to be a salad dryer, but I've always used it for eggs.

Speaking of salad dryers, my new favorite TV show for this season is Man Shops Globe and Keith found a wonderful salad dryer on last night's program.  Catch it on Sundance Wednedays! In the weekly intro he states he has the world's best job and after watching a half dozen episodes, I would have to agree with him.







Nothing earth shattering in this week's recipe file, but I will share a simple recipe I cut out of an ad decades ago for Blender Hollandaise ...... no fail, takes 3 minutes and the raves just roll in. Use it for steak, eggs Benedict, over steamed veggies or as DH suggested a few nights ago, "Could I just have it in a mug and drink it???"


I use extra large eggs, more than a dash of freshly ground pepper and more lemon than is called for. Add a couple tablespoons of freshly chopped tarragon for a faux Bernaise to top off your favorite steak.

7 comments:

  1. I like the theme of your tablescape. The colors are beautiful. The recipe for hollandaise sounds wonderful.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sunny, well put together table. Very kitschy!
    Thanks for the sauce(s). Yummy!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a bright and sunny looking tablescape. If that scene didn't wake a person up, I don't know what could.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great quick recipe for the holidays. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha...I love the "can I drink it?" Hollandaise comment. When my daughter was tiny and first tasted gravy, she wanted it as a beverage!

    Adorable table! And I so envy you your roses. Ours are shriveled nubbins by now; we had our first hard frost on last Saturday night.

    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting everyone! This old timey tablescape is bright and cheery and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    Cass, too funny about the gravy! Neither of my kids would ever (even til this day) touch gravy! And I make great gravy, unlike my maternal grandmother's gravy. More than once as a kid I heard one or more of my uncles ask someone to pass "the wallpaper paste!" Yikes!!

    My roses are loving the bright sunny days and our cooler nights! Still going gangbusters and I do cut them more this time of year than through Spring and Summer. The roses here really just "rest" from late Dec until around the 1st of March. They missed their last dose of fertilizer this year because I was playing with these darn dishes! LOL Doesn't seem to have slowed them down one bit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails